quarta-feira, 18 de março de 2009

Poesias para os papais

My Father - By David A. Olds

My father's toil with hands and heart
To make my life complete.
He quietly brave the winter cold,
Endure the summer heat.

My father's life is busy, but
There's always time for me.
He boldly faces the ups and downs
And seldom ever fuss.

My father is greatest dad.
Dad, I know you know this, too.
But thank you for the chance to share
My love with you.


Quite Hero - Anonymous

My hero is the quiet type,
No marching bands, no media hype,
But through my eyes it is plain to see,
A hero, God has sent to me.

With gentle strength and quiet pride,
All self concern is set aside,
To reach out to our fellow man,
And be there with a helping hand.

Heroes are a rarity,
A blessing to humanity,
With all they give and all they do,
I will bet the thing you never knew.
My quiet hero has always been you.


What Makes a Dad - Anonymous

God took the strength of a moutain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight
The joy of morning in spring,
The faith of mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, he called it... "DAD!"

Nenhum comentário: